Women in Engineering Summer Program (WIESP)
The Women in Engineering Summer Program (WIESP), sponsored by Knowles Corporation, is a free, 4-week, non-residential program that offers high school students an unparalleled opportunity to learn more about engineering through hands-on projects and field trips. Participants will also have an opportunity to work with world-renowned professors, meet COE students, make new friends, and earn a stipend upon successful completion of the program!
Overall, I think WIESP is an amazing program that encourages women to try engineering and bring more awareness to others… I would suggest that anyone who has the slightest interest in engineering should try WIESP because they will walk away with a valuable experience!
WIESP 2020 Application
We encourage students who have an affinity for math and/or science to apply! You must also satisfy the following requirements:
- 11th or 12th grade by Fall 2020
- Overall grade point average of 3.2 or higher
- Grades of As and Bs in math and science classes
- Be an active member of a STEM related club or organization
- Program Application and Transcripts Submission: go.uic.edu/WIESP2020
- Teacher Recommendation Form from a math/science teacher or high school counselor : go.uic.edu/TRF-WIESP2020
All application materials MUST be submitted no later than March 31, 2020. After your application is received, and complete, you will be contacted to schedule an on-campus interview with our staff. Applicants will then be notified of their admission status in late April 2020.
WIESP 2020 Program Dates & Curriculum
June 22, 2020 – July 17, 2020, Monday through Friday, 10AM-3PM. Curriculum will focus on Computer Science and Chemical Engineering.