Women in Engineering Summer Program (WIESP)
The Women in Engineering Summer Program (WIESP), sponsored by Knowles Corporation, is a free, 4-week, non-residential program that offers high school students an unparalleled opportunity to learn more about engineering through hands-on projects and field trips. Participants will also have an opportunity to work with world-renowned professors, meet COE students, make new friends, and earn a stipend upon successful completion of the program!
Overall, I think WIESP is an amazing program that encourages women to try engineering and bring more awareness to others… I would suggest that anyone who has the slightest interest in engineering should try WIESP because they will walk away with a valuable experience!
WIESP 2022 - Program Application
We encourage students who have an affinity for math and/or science to apply! You must also satisfy the following requirements:
- 11th or 12th grade by Fall 2022
- Overall grade point average of 3.2 or higher
- Grades of As and Bs in math and science classes
- Be an active member of a STEM related club or organization
- Program Application and Transcripts Submission: Available in January 2022
- Teacher Recommendation Form from a math/science teacher or high school counselor : Available in January 2021
All application materials MUST be submitted no later than March 31, 2022. After your application is received, and complete, you will be contacted to schedule an on-campus interview with our staff. Applicants will then be notified of their admission status in late April 2021.
WIESP 2022 Program Dates & Engineering Focus