Women in Engineering Summer Program (WIESP)
The Women in Engineering Summer Program (WIESP), sponsored by Knowles Corporation, Motorola Solutions, and the National Science Foundation, is a free, 3-week, non-residential program that offers high school students an unparalleled opportunity to learn more about engineering through hands-on projects and corporate partner visits. Participants will also have an opportunity to work with world-renowned professors, meet COE students, make new friends, and earn a stipend upon successful completion of the program!
WIESP 2024 Interest Form is NOW OPEN!
Overall, I think WIESP is an amazing program that encourages women to try engineering and bring more awareness to others… I would suggest that anyone who has the slightest interest in engineering should try WIESP because they will walk away with a valuable experience!
WIESP 2024 - Interest Form Heading link
We encourage students who have an affinity for math and/or science to apply! You must also satisfy the following requirements:
- 11th or 12th grade by Fall 2024
- Overall grade point average of 3.2 or higher
- Grades of As and Bs in math and science classes
- Be an active member of a STEM related club or organization
- Program Application and Transcripts Submission: go.uic.edu/WIESP2024_interestform
- Teacher Recommendation Form from a math/science teacher or high school counselor
Program Content & Dates
WIESP 2024 will highlight Computer Science Engineering and [TBD] Engineering. More details to come.
Tentative dates: June 15, 2024 – July 10, 2024 from 10AM-2:30PM, this includes a WIESP 2024 Orientation Session for students and parents on Saturday, June 15th from 10am-12pm.